Monday, November 4, 2013

#167 The Cake is a Lie

August 21st, 2013
The Cake is a Lie

My husband and I are big fans of the game "Portal" (and the second one too) so for his birthday this year, I made him a Portal themed birthday. I delivered his birthday "cake" to his office, dressed as the main character, Chell, from the game. He thought that was great!

The "cake" was a lie, of course. I'd made it out of polymer clay, fake cherries, and caulk. The actual cake was hidden underneath, with the Aperture Technologies logo to boot.

Later at home, we celebrated with a larger cake as a family, and I put the Aperture Technologies logo on that one too. I think my husband really enjoyed blowing out his candles under the blue and orange decorations, and the watchful eye of Wheatley. ☺

I (reluctantly) made these cakes funfetti... with vanilla buttercream frosting.









No comments:

Post a Comment