Monday, November 4, 2013

#169 Banana Zucchini Explosion

September 25th, 2013
Banana Zucchini Explosion

So my kids and I were talking, because today was my brother's birthday, we decided we needed to bake something. We had a TON of bananas (we're talking 12, people) that needed a new ... "home" - as well as a GIGANTOR zucchini that was given to me by our family gardener extraordinaire. (She grows giant zucchinis every year in her garden!)

After shredding all of the zucchini... and mashing all the bananas....

These are the recipes I made:

Healthy chocolate zucchini muffins
(Top and middle rack)
(We thought these were ok warm, but I made the mistake of using peach yogurt so that's probably why they were gross. They dried out fast too.)

Banana oatmeal cups with chocolate chips
(Middle rack, left)
(We thought these were ok the first day, and super dry/ew after they stopped being warm.)

Super chocolatey 4 ingredient banana bread
(I use the term "bread" very loosely)

Banana chocolate chip zucchini bread
(bottom rack, middle and right)
(This was SO GREAT I wish I had zucchini banana chocolate chip awesome on hand every day.)

Zucchini brownies
(The rainbow monstrosity, front & center)
(These were fantastic! Thumbs up. We approve.)

On top of that, I utilized my crock pot, and made some brown rice to go with it. My day was pretty exhausting!

Next time... I want to make this recipe.

My daughter said we should frost the brownies like a rainbow, so... we did. ☺

Banana bread: the universal stomach hug!


No comments:

Post a Comment