Wednesday, January 11, 2012

# 119 A "Super Friends" Birthday

January 9th, 2012.
A "Super Friends" Birthday


For my son's birthday this year, I made him a cake to celebrate as a family, and then some cupcakes to celebrate with some friends later on. I used "The Super Friends" (circa the 70's) as a theme, because my kids have been addicted to The Super Friends for a few months now - we get the DVD collection from the library and they can't get enough of it! There is something really great about the old-school Superman, the 'save-cats-in-trees' Superman as opposed to the 'punch-people-a-lot' Superman.
It's charming, and I won't lie - I love it.
So these are chocolate cakes, frosted with vanilla buttercream. And lots of color. :o)
Superman, Aquaman, Batman & Robin, the Green Lantern, The Flash, and of course - Wonder Woman. (My daughter's favorite)






No comments:

Post a Comment