Thursday, July 21, 2011

# 97 My Las Vegas Wedding (Reception) Cake

May 21st, 2011
My Las Vegas Wedding (Reception) Cake

My husband and I met in Las Vegas when we were 16 and 17, at EFY (Especially For Youth), a church camp, and dated our senior year of high school, for 3-ish months. Drama ensues - we are forced to split apart. :o) 8 years later, we re-connected!
I moved away from Las Vegas, but he still lived there - so I flew out and we had a little reception in Las Vegas before he made the move out to Illinois.

This cake (made in the blistering heat of Las Vegas, Nevada), was a chocolate and white cake, covered in vanilla buttercream frosting. 
The green layer of cake is our nerdy tribute to our theme of 1ups from Super Mario - "Everyone deserves a second chance." ☺



No comments:

Post a Comment